Every season our number one worry is whether we will have enough coaches or not. Being a non-profit organization we greatly depend upon volunteers in order for our season to be successful. We don't expect every parent to volunteer each season, but we do highly encourage you to consider it at least once.
1. We'll help you! FYSA is committed to continual coach education. We will supply you with week to week practice plans and even come help you run your first session if you want us to. We want to help you be as successful as possible whether this is your first season or tenth.
2. Community involvement! Whether you have lived in the Interior for 2 months or 15 years, it takes people like you that are willing to invest back into our community to make our season possible. Maybe you've played all your life and you're looking for a way to give back, or maybe you just love kids and want to be involved - either way, we'll take you!
3. It's extremely rewarding! Watching children learn, grow and work hard during a soccer season is often an unforgettable experience. Whether you realize it or not, playing soccer might be the best part of a player's day or week. Be the positive role model that you had (or wanted) as a kid.
4. Get 50% off your player's registration! Any coach that volunteers will automatically receive a flat 50% refund on their player's registration fee. Refunds are processed by FYSA staff near the halfway point of each season. You will receive an email notification of this action on your account.
5. It's FUN! Win or lose we love to see kids and adults alike enjoying time out on the court.
Please fill out the link below if you are interested in coaching a soccer team for the Winter 2024 Indoor Season.
Every individual who coaches for FYSA who is 18 or older must complete a background check annually. Please click the link below to fill out the form.
Coaches will spend about 2 hours per week volunteering their time. Teams have a 1-hour practice between Monday and Thursday and a 1-hour game on Saturday. Each season is approximately 8 weeks long.
FYSA will also partially or fully reimburse any coach that takes the Futsal 1 or appropriate age level USSF or United Soccer Coaches online coaching course. Contact FYSA for more information.
Any coach that volunteers will automatically receive a flat 50% refund on their player's registration fee. Refunds are processed by FYSA staff near the halfway point of each season. You will receive an email notification of this action on your account.
Club Night is on Wednesday, January 10th. Club Night is an opportunity for coaches to meet their teams, and for players to pick up their pre-ordered gear or purchase it in-person. More information will be available soon. All coaches are encouraged to attend this event.
Click here to download the MOJO Youth Sports App. This app is a great free resource for volunteer coaches to utilize. It provides instructional materials such as drills and games for practices as well as general advice & content meant for both the new and seasoned coach. It is available for both Apple and Android users.
SAY Soccer is FYSA's parent organization for recreational programs. On their website there are some great resources such as video drills, printable drills, even an entire seasons worth of practice plans that you can choose from.
SAY Soccer Coaching Resources // SAY Soccer Video Drills // SAY Soccer Printable Drills
US Youth Soccer is another great resource. The USYSA Coaching Education Department recently published some excellent 'Assistant Coach Series' publications. These practice activities are great resources to use for your own field time.
US Youth Soccer Coaching Resources // US Youth Soccer Lesson Plans
SoccerXpert has over 160 quality and easy-to-follow drills for beginner to advanced skill and age levels. These are “organized and focused” practices, targeting specific topics one at a time with fun and effectiveness as the driving force to motivate mentees.
The site also comes with a new app that will help coaches become better at their teaching craft. It has built-in features that allow coaches to take inspiration from the resources provided, build their own curriculum, and plan out their team practices.
Keep connected to your team. Quickly check schedules and team updates, plus message other members on your team and receive heads-up from athletes about practice. Enjoy unlimited access to scores & stats, photo/video sharing, and more.
Easily add and edit athlete info, manage schedules, and message team members
Perform basic tasks using the Team Page Team Management functionality
Add additional email addresses to a non-member's profile in order to be able to include all athletes in team communications
Manage RSVPs for each athlete within your team’s TeamCenter or within the SportsEngine mobile app
Do you import your game schedules from a third-party scheduler or create them manually on your team page? This article explains how to add RSVPs to those games and events after they are imported.
Review help articles about how coaches interact with TeamCenter and the SportsEngine mobile app
Access your website with a single tap from your mobile device's home screen.